Vikram Kumar, MD
Eastern Maine Medical Center
University College of Medical Sciences
Medical College of Wisconsin
American Board of Anesthesiology
Vidram Kumar, MD, is the Medical Director for Performance Improvement at Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor, ME. He is responsible for leading projects related to performance on various CMS measures, and is the attending anesthesiologist in a cardiac surgical program with about 300-350 hearts annually that are personally performed by the anesthesiologist. He launched an electronic database serving as the backbone of quality improvement in the department for about 20,000 surgeries annually that was created, designed and developed in-house. Dr. Kumar also was lead physician representing anesthesiology in a multi-specialty group that launched the Trans-catheter Aortic valve replacement (TAVR) program at Eastern Maine Medical Center.
Dr. Kumar is Co-Director of a multi-specialty team to monitor and improve an aggressive blood conservation program, and a member of multiple hospital and system committees for monitoring the above processes and others.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Awarded the Echo Fellow of the year award in the Cleveland Clinic Anesthesiology institute in July 2010.
• Awarded the Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Anesthesiology Academic Excellence Award for
outstanding performance in July 2007.
• Awarded 1st Place in Oral presentation in cardiothoracic-general category at the Midwest Anesthesiology
Residents Conference, 2007.
• Awarded Smt. Ram Pyari and Shri L.N. Chugh Memorial Medal for standing First in Medicine in
• Awarded Dr. Madhu Saxena Memorial Award for standing First in Medicine in 1999-2000